Turkey’s construction sector slows in Q3 2014
In the first nine months of 2014, the construction sector grew by 2.9%. The report showed that private sector expenditures grew by 3.8% in the third quarter of 2014. According to the Association, the construction materials sector expanded around 3% in the third quarter while in the January- October period, the sector expanded 4.7% when compared to the same period of the previous year.
Meanwhile, in the first nine months of 2014, home sales in Turkey decreased 1% year over year to 1,030,715 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm