Turkey’s construction sector slows in Q3 2014
In the first nine months of 2014, the construction sector grew by 2.9%. The report showed that private sector expenditures grew by 3.8% in the third quarter of 2014. According to the Association, the construction materials sector expanded around 3% in the third quarter while in the January- October period, the sector expanded 4.7% when compared to the same period of the previous year.
Meanwhile, in the first nine months of 2014, home sales in Turkey decreased 1% year over year to 1,030,715 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF