Turkey’s consumer confidence edges up 0.5% in March
The consumer confidence index increased to a reading of 67 in March from a reading of 66.64 in February. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was up 0.5% in March to 89.77 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months rose by 2.5% to a reading of 67.80 in March.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 0.7% on the month to post a reading of 89.41 in March from a reading of 90.03 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months fell 0.2% month over month to 21.01 in March. This decrease means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has declined compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months