Turkey’s consumer confidence edges up 0.5% in March
The consumer confidence index increased to a reading of 67 in March from a reading of 66.64 in February. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was up 0.5% in March to 89.77 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months rose by 2.5% to a reading of 67.80 in March.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 0.7% on the month to post a reading of 89.41 in March from a reading of 90.03 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months fell 0.2% month over month to 21.01 in March. This decrease means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has declined compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players