Turkey’s consumer confidence edges up 0.5% in March
The consumer confidence index increased to a reading of 67 in March from a reading of 66.64 in February. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was up 0.5% in March to 89.77 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months rose by 2.5% to a reading of 67.80 in March.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 0.7% on the month to post a reading of 89.41 in March from a reading of 90.03 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months fell 0.2% month over month to 21.01 in March. This decrease means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has declined compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe