Turkey's consumer confidence falls 1.6% in May
The consumer confidence index declined to a reading of 64.29 in May following a reading of 65.35 in the previous month. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months decreased 0.7% on the month to post a reading of 85.50 in May. The lower reading index indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months followed a stable trend in May at 86.16 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months also declined by 1.6% to a reading of 65.70.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months dropped 11.6% month over month to 19.79 in May. This decrease means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has decreased.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence