Turkey's consumer confidence index declines 4.6% in Dec
The consumer confidence index decreased to a reading of 73.58 in December from a reading of 77.15 in November. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was also down 2.6% in December to 93.19 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months fell by 7.4% to a reading of 78.41 in December.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 5.6% on the month to post a reading of 99.91 in December from a reading of 105.90 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months increased 1.9% month over month to 22.79 in December. This increase means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has increased compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge