Turkey's consumer confidence index declines 4.6% in Dec
The consumer confidence index decreased to a reading of 73.58 in December from a reading of 77.15 in November. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was also down 2.6% in December to 93.19 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months fell by 7.4% to a reading of 78.41 in December.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 5.6% on the month to post a reading of 99.91 in December from a reading of 105.90 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months increased 1.9% month over month to 22.79 in December. This increase means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has increased compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?
- Turkish players question future outlook as import PP, PE prices see 6-month highs
- Asian PVC markets stay strong as tightness overshadows virus fears
- SEA LLDPE market sees fresh hikes despite virus-hit sentiment across Asia