Turkey's consumer confidence index declines 4.6% in Dec
The consumer confidence index decreased to a reading of 73.58 in December from a reading of 77.15 in November. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was also down 2.6% in December to 93.19 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months fell by 7.4% to a reading of 78.41 in December.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months declined 5.6% on the month to post a reading of 99.91 in December from a reading of 105.90 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months increased 1.9% month over month to 22.79 in December. This increase means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has increased compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?