Turkey’s consumer confidence index falls in November
The consumer confidence index fell to a reading of 68.93 in November from a reading of 74.04 in October. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months declined by 5.4% in November and became 89.01 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months was down 7.6% to a reading of 71.3 in November.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months decreased by 6.5% on the month to post a reading of 95.06 in November from a reading of 101.62 in the previous month. The lower reading indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has decreased compared with the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months dipped by 12.7% month over month to 20.33 in November. This decrease means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has declined compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports