Turkey's consumer confidence index up 7.3% in October
The consumer confidence index increased to a reading of 62.78 in October from a reading of 58.52 in September. Any reading above 100 indicates an optimistic outlook, while any reading below 100 indicates a pessimistic outlook.
The index of expectations for the general economic situation for the next 12 months climbed 12.3% on the month to post a reading of 80.87 in October from a reading of 72.04 in the previous month. The higher reading index indicates that the number of consumers who expect a better general economic situation in the next 12 months has increased compared with the previous month.
The index of financial expectations of households for the next 12 months was also up 5.5% in October to 86.58 while the index of expectations for the number of unemployed persons in the next 12 months rose by 4.4% to a reading of 64.61 in October.
Meanwhile, the index of the probability of saving in the next 12 months moved higher 5.3% month over month to 19.07 in October. This increase means that the number of consumers who believe that they will be able to increase their savings in the next 12 months has increased compared to the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount