Turkey’s domestic PS producer issues June prices
Aschem’s recent GPPS offers stand below their latest May prices in spite of higher styrene contracts in Europe. Lower GPPS prices from the seller were attributed to the fact that demand has been moderate during the last couple of months in Turkey amidst a bearish trend while competitively priced import cargos have weighed down on local market sentiment.
Meanwhile, the producer’s most recent price levels are said to be receiving a positive response from buyers and are deemed reasonable by players.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs