Turkey’s economic growth tops estimates in 2014
On a quarterly basis, the Turkish economy grew 0.7% after posting an upwardly revised growth rate of 2.3% in the previous quarter. The country’s economy expanded 2.6% in the last quarter of 2014 when compared to the same period of the preceding year.
Data also showed that Turkey’s exports of goods and services climbed 6.8% to reach TRY34.11 billion ($13.06 billion) while imports declined by 0.2% to TRY35.58 billion ($13.65 billion) in 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers