Turkey’s economy expands in Q4: TurkStat
The country’s GDP for 2016 as a whole was also up by 2.9% annually.
The data showed that household final consumption expenditure was up by 5.7% in Q4 and by 2.3% in 2016 on the year while government final consumption expenditure rose 0.8% in the fourth quarter and by 7.3% in 2016 as a whole on a yearly basis.
According to data, export of goods and services were up by 2.3% while imports of goods and services were up by 3.3% on the year in Q4. In 2016, however, export of goods and services were down by 2% while imports of goods and services were up by 3.9% on the year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September