Turkey's economy posts fastest growth in 6 years
Accordingly, the country’s economy grew by 11.1% in the third quarter of 2017 when compared to the same quarter of 2016, defying the analysts’ expectations for a growth of around 10%. This followed a revised 5.2% growth in the July-September period.
Among the activities that constitute gross domestic product (GDP), the agricultural sector grew by 2.8%, the industry sector grew by 14.8%, the construction sector surged by 18.7% and the services sector grew significantly by 20.7% year on year.
Calendar adjusted gross domestic product in the third quarter of 2017 increased by 9.6% compared with the same quarter of the previous year. Seasonally and calendar adjusted gross domestic product increased by 1.2% compared with the previous quarter, the data revealed.
Household final consumption expenditure increased by 11.7% while government final consumption expenditure increased by 2.8% and gross fixed capital formation increased by 12.4% in the third quarter of 2017 compared with the same quarter of the previous year.
Exports of goods and services increased by 17.2%, while imports of goods and services increased by 14.5% in the third quarter of 2017 year on year, meanwhile.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops