Turkey’s exports decline 10.5% in November: TIM
Looking at individual sectors, the largest exports were seen in the automotive sector at $1.92 billion, followed by the ready-made clothing and textile sectors with $1.409 billion and chemical materials and products with $1.3 billion.
Turkey’s main export destinations were Germany, the UK, Iraq, Italy and the US in November. According to TIM, exports to Germany were down by 4.7% while exports to the UK increased 3% from a year earlier. On the other hand, exports to Iraq, the US and Italy also declined 15.3%, 6.4% and 2.3% on the year in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?