Turkey’s exports decline 10.5% in November: TIM
Looking at individual sectors, the largest exports were seen in the automotive sector at $1.92 billion, followed by the ready-made clothing and textile sectors with $1.409 billion and chemical materials and products with $1.3 billion.
Turkey’s main export destinations were Germany, the UK, Iraq, Italy and the US in November. According to TIM, exports to Germany were down by 4.7% while exports to the UK increased 3% from a year earlier. On the other hand, exports to Iraq, the US and Italy also declined 15.3%, 6.4% and 2.3% on the year in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?