Turkey’s exports decline 14.4% in January: TIM
Among individual sectors, the automotive sector posted the highest exports at $1.515 billion, followed by the ready-made clothing sector with $1.34 billion and chemical materials and products with $1 billion.
Turkey’s main export destinations were Germany, the UK, Italy, the US and Iraq in January. According to TIM, exports to Germany were down by 1.5% while exports to the UK plunged 15.9% from a year earlier. On the hand, exports to Italy, the US and Iraq also declined 2%, 6.6% and 47.9% on the year in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years