Turkey’s exports, imports increase in April
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports fell by 2.7% while imports were up by 1.6% in April compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports and imports moved up by 10.5% and 13.2% respectively from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union also increased by 2.2% on the year to $5.779 billion in April. Germany became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.140 billion. Germany was followed by UAE ($1.021 billion), Iraq ($857 million) and the UK ($737 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In April, China was the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $1.647 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.629 billion), Russia ($1.495 billion) and the USA ($980 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets