Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for August
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports increased by 10.5% while imports decreased 0.6% in August compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports moved higher by 4.9% while imports were down 0.2% from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union increased 13.9% on the year to $5.519 million in August from $4.848 million in the same month of 2015. Germany became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.193 billion. Germany was followed by United Kingdom ($921 million), Iraq ($708 million) and the USA ($606 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In August, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.531 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.738 billion), Russia ($1.378 billion) and Italy ($823 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs