Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for December
Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports climbed 0.6% while imports contracted 11.1% on a monthly basis. Calendar adjusted exports were down 2% month over month while imports also declined 9.3% year over year in December.
The country’s exports to the European Union increased 1.8% to $5.361 billion compared to the same month of 2013. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.165 billion. Germany was followed by Iraq ($1.111 billion), the United Kingdom ($763 million) and the USA ($722 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In December, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.318 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.183 billion), Russia ($2.137 billion) and the USA ($1.116 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs