Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for December
Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports climbed 0.6% while imports contracted 11.1% on a monthly basis. Calendar adjusted exports were down 2% month over month while imports also declined 9.3% year over year in December.
The country’s exports to the European Union increased 1.8% to $5.361 billion compared to the same month of 2013. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.165 billion. Germany was followed by Iraq ($1.111 billion), the United Kingdom ($763 million) and the USA ($722 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In December, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.318 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.183 billion), Russia ($2.137 billion) and the USA ($1.116 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets