Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for December
Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports climbed 0.6% while imports contracted 11.1% on a monthly basis. Calendar adjusted exports were down 2% month over month while imports also declined 9.3% year over year in December.
The country’s exports to the European Union increased 1.8% to $5.361 billion compared to the same month of 2013. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.165 billion. Germany was followed by Iraq ($1.111 billion), the United Kingdom ($763 million) and the USA ($722 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In December, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.318 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.183 billion), Russia ($2.137 billion) and the USA ($1.116 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record