Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for February
However, Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports rose 0.7% in February while calendar adjusted exports and imports were down 25.9% and 7.2%, respectively.
The country’s exports to the European Union declined 4.3% year over year to $5.197 billion from $5.428 billion. The UK was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.108 billion. The UK was followed by Switzerland ($1.083 billion), Germany ($1.031 billion) and Iraq ($755 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In February, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.067 billion. China was followed by Russia ($1.856 billion), Germany ($1.570 billion) and the USA ($931billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets