Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for January
Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports rose 7.1% while imports were down 2.9% month over month in January. Calendar adjusted exports declined 0.3% while imports also decreased by 11.3% on a yearly basis.
The country’s exports to the European Union dropped 3.4% year over year to $5.271 billion from $5.456 billion. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.107 billion. Germany was followed by Switzerland ($1.046 billion), the United Kingdom ($944 million) and Iraq ($837 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In January, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.118 billion. China was followed by Russia ($1.906 billion), Germany ($1.315 billion) and Italy ($779 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets