Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for January
Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports rose 7.1% while imports were down 2.9% month over month in January. Calendar adjusted exports declined 0.3% while imports also decreased by 11.3% on a yearly basis.
The country’s exports to the European Union dropped 3.4% year over year to $5.271 billion from $5.456 billion. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.107 billion. Germany was followed by Switzerland ($1.046 billion), the United Kingdom ($944 million) and Iraq ($837 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In January, China was reported as the top importer to Turkey, with imports valued at $2.118 billion. China was followed by Russia ($1.906 billion), Germany ($1.315 billion) and Italy ($779 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?