Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for July
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports decreased 9% and 9.2%, respectively, in July compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports and imports were also down by 6.8% and 8.3%, respectively from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union declined 1.7% on the year to $5.069 billion in July from $5.155 billion in the same month of 2015. United Kingdom became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $982 million. United Kingdom was followed by Germany ($966 million), Italy ($550 million) and the USA ($448 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In July, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $1.884 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.722 billion), Russia ($1.117 billion) and Italy ($854 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand