Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for June
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports, however, rose 3.1% while imports declined 3% in June compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports, meanwhile, fell 9.5% while imports dropped 15.1% in June from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union slipped 6.6% on the year to $5.535 billion in June from $5.926 billion in the same month of 2014. Germany continued to be Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.138 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($814 million), Iraq ($689 million) and Italy ($595 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In June, China also remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.041 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.891 billion), Russia ($1.744 billion) and Italy ($1.010 billion) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East