Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for June
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports climbed 1.8% and 12%, respectively, in June compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports and imports were also up 8.2% and 6.8%, respectively from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union increased 13.8% on the year to $6.267 billion in June from $5.507 billion in the same month of 2015. Germany became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.228 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($1.103 billion), Italy ($717 million) and the USA ($629 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In June, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.602 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.272 billion), the USA ($1.735 billion) and Russia ($1.478 billion) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem