Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for June
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports climbed 1.8% and 12%, respectively, in June compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports and imports were also up 8.2% and 6.8%, respectively from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union increased 13.8% on the year to $6.267 billion in June from $5.507 billion in the same month of 2015. Germany became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.228 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($1.103 billion), Italy ($717 million) and the USA ($629 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In June, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.602 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.272 billion), the USA ($1.735 billion) and Russia ($1.478 billion) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record