Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for June
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports climbed 1.8% and 12%, respectively, in June compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports and imports were also up 8.2% and 6.8%, respectively from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union increased 13.8% on the year to $6.267 billion in June from $5.507 billion in the same month of 2015. Germany became Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.228 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($1.103 billion), Italy ($717 million) and the USA ($629 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In June, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.602 billion. China was followed by Germany ($2.272 billion), the USA ($1.735 billion) and Russia ($1.478 billion) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?