Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for March
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports dipped 5.6%and 3.5%, respectively, in March. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports were also down 14.4% while imports decreased 8.8% in March.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union declined 11.8% on the year to $5.343 billion in March from $6.05 billion. German was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.080 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($1.031 billion), Iraq ($745 million) and the UAE ($597 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In March, China was the largest importer to Turkey, with imports worth $2.347 billion. China was followed by Russia ($2.191 billion), Germany ($1.814billion) and Italy ($960 million) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa