Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for Nov
On the other hand, Turkey’s foreign trade deficit widened by 52.4% to $6.32 billion in November from $4.15 billion in the same period of 2016. However, the deficit was down from $7.3 billion registered in October.
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports increased by 1.6% while imports decreased by 2.4% compared with previous month. The calendar adjusted export volume index grew by 11.1% to on a yearly basis. The calendar adjusted import volume index also increased by 21.4% in November.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union increased by 17% from $5.967 billion to $6.983 billion dollars. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.376 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($908 million), Italy ($839 million) and the USA ($733 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In November, Germany was the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $1.982 billion. Germany was followed by China ($1.981 billion), Russia ($1.906 billion) and Italy ($1.16 billion) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year