Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for November
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports decreased 3.3% while imports expanded by 10% compared with the previous month. On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted exports were down 4.6% while imports increased 4.6% in November.
Exports to the European Union decreased by 8.3% year over year to $5.744 billion in November. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.26 billion. Germany was followed by Iraq ($943 million), the United Kingdom ($848 million), and Italy ($639 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The top importer to Turkey was Russia, with imports valued at $2.50 billion. Russia was followed by China ($2.29 billion), Germany ($1.905 billion) and Switzerland ($1.168 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm