Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for November
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports decreased 3.3% while imports expanded by 10% compared with the previous month. On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted exports were down 4.6% while imports increased 4.6% in November.
Exports to the European Union decreased by 8.3% year over year to $5.744 billion in November. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.26 billion. Germany was followed by Iraq ($943 million), the United Kingdom ($848 million), and Italy ($639 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The top importer to Turkey was Russia, with imports valued at $2.50 billion. Russia was followed by China ($2.29 billion), Germany ($1.905 billion) and Switzerland ($1.168 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East