Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for November
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports also decreased 6.8% and 6.3%, respectively in November compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports slid 10.2% while imports dropped 27.1% from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union dropped 1.5% on the year to $5.631 billion in November from $5.720 billion in the same month of 2014. Germany continued to be Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.199 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($867 million), Iraq ($789 million) and Italy ($616 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In November, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.727 billion), Russia ($1.374 billion) and the Italy ($883 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high