Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for November
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports also decreased 6.8% and 6.3%, respectively in November compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports slid 10.2% while imports dropped 27.1% from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union dropped 1.5% on the year to $5.631 billion in November from $5.720 billion in the same month of 2014. Germany continued to be Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.199 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($867 million), Iraq ($789 million) and Italy ($616 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In November, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.727 billion), Russia ($1.374 billion) and the Italy ($883 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa