Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for October
Seasonally and calendar adjusted exports were down 0.9% while imports increased 0.8% when compared to the previous month. On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted exports increased by 4% while imports declined by 9.3% in October.
Exports to the European Union climbed 8.1% on the year to reach $5.711 billion in October. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.283 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($860 million), Iraq ($857 million) and Italy ($566 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The leading importer to Turkey was China, with imports valued at $2.79 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.798 billion), Russia ($1.732 billion) and Italy ($997 million) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports