Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for October
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports, meanwhile, declined 2.1% and 1.2%, respectively, in October compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports also slipped 6.5% while imports dropped 17.7% from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union rose 10.7% on the year to $6.288 billion in October from $5.680 billion in the same month of 2014. Germany continued to be Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.320 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($986 million), Iraq ($870 million) and Italy ($707 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In October, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.270 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.820 billion), Russia ($1.517 billion) and Italy ($925 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?