Turkey’s foreign trade statistics announced for October
The country’s seasonally and calendar adjusted exports and imports, meanwhile, declined 2.1% and 1.2%, respectively, in October compared with the previous month. Turkey’s calendar adjusted exports also slipped 6.5% while imports dropped 17.7% from a year earlier.
Turkey’s exports to the European Union rose 10.7% on the year to $6.288 billion in October from $5.680 billion in the same month of 2014. Germany continued to be Turkey’s top export destination, with exports reaching $1.320 billion. Germany was followed by the UK ($986 million), Iraq ($870 million) and Italy ($707 million) as the main destinations for Turkish exports.
In October, China remained the largest source of Turkey’s imports, with imports worth $2.270 billion. China was followed by Germany ($1.820 billion), Russia ($1.517 billion) and Italy ($925 million) in the list of the largest exporters to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops