Turkey’s foreign trade statistics reported for September
Seasonally and calendar adjusted exports were also up 4.8% while imports decreased 1% month over month. On an annual basis, calendar adjusted exports increased by 1.4% while imports declined by 4.1% in September.
Exports to the European Union advanced by 7.1% on the year to reach $6.2 billion in September. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.32 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($921 million), Iraq ($911 million) and the US ($602 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The leading importer to Turkey was China, with imports valued at $2.31 billion. China was followed by Russia ($2.25 billion), Germany ($1.85 billion) and the US ($1.71 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook