Turkey’s foreign trade statistics reported for September
Seasonally and calendar adjusted exports were also up 4.8% while imports decreased 1% month over month. On an annual basis, calendar adjusted exports increased by 1.4% while imports declined by 4.1% in September.
Exports to the European Union advanced by 7.1% on the year to reach $6.2 billion in September. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.32 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($921 million), Iraq ($911 million) and the US ($602 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The leading importer to Turkey was China, with imports valued at $2.31 billion. China was followed by Russia ($2.25 billion), Germany ($1.85 billion) and the US ($1.71 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand