Turkey’s foreign trade statistics reported for September
Seasonally and calendar adjusted exports were also up 4.8% while imports decreased 1% month over month. On an annual basis, calendar adjusted exports increased by 1.4% while imports declined by 4.1% in September.
Exports to the European Union advanced by 7.1% on the year to reach $6.2 billion in September. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.32 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($921 million), Iraq ($911 million) and the US ($602 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The leading importer to Turkey was China, with imports valued at $2.31 billion. China was followed by Russia ($2.25 billion), Germany ($1.85 billion) and the US ($1.71 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters