Turkey’s foreign trade statistics reported for September
Seasonally and calendar adjusted exports were also up 4.8% while imports decreased 1% month over month. On an annual basis, calendar adjusted exports increased by 1.4% while imports declined by 4.1% in September.
Exports to the European Union advanced by 7.1% on the year to reach $6.2 billion in September. Germany was Turkey’s top export destination, with exports to the country reaching $1.32 billion. Germany was followed by the United Kingdom ($921 million), Iraq ($911 million) and the US ($602 million) in the list of Turkey’s top export destinations.
The leading importer to Turkey was China, with imports valued at $2.31 billion. China was followed by Russia ($2.25 billion), Germany ($1.85 billion) and the US ($1.71 billion) in the list of the largest importers to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops