Turkey’s home sales down for 5th straight month in March
The latest data marked the fifth consecutive month that house sales decreased in Turkey.
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales with 18.2% and 19,140 sold houses, followed by Ankara (10.1%) with 10,619 house sales and Izmir (6.1%) with 6,366 house sales.
In March, new home sales decreased by 12.9% compared to the same month of the previous year and became 44,163. First house sales had a 42% share of all house sales and Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 8,453 units, followed by 3,553 new sales in Ankara and 2,884 units in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June