Turkey’s home sales down for 5th straight month in March
The latest data marked the fifth consecutive month that house sales decreased in Turkey.
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales with 18.2% and 19,140 sold houses, followed by Ankara (10.1%) with 10,619 house sales and Izmir (6.1%) with 6,366 house sales.
In March, new home sales decreased by 12.9% compared to the same month of the previous year and became 44,163. First house sales had a 42% share of all house sales and Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 8,453 units, followed by 3,553 new sales in Ankara and 2,884 units in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs
- Turkey’s local PP, PE and PVC markets yield to subdued demand
- China's PP, PE prices mostly stabilize after Dalian market turbulence
- Cost support, improving demand drive Asia PET markets slightly higher
- North and West African PE, PP markets surge in November
- Will initial November hikes for PP prove workable in Europe?