Turkey’s home sales increase in December and 2016
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 17.6% with 25,147 units, followed by Ankara (10.9%) with 15,618 units and Izmir (6.3%) with 8,975 units.
New home sales held a 50.3% share of Turkey’s total house sales in December with 71,792 units, down 3% from the same period of 2015. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 12,476 units, followed by 6,737 new sales in Ankara and 3,938 in Izmir.
For all 2016, home sales were up by 4% from the previous year. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales in 2016 with 232,428 units, followed by 144,570 new sales in Ankara and 81,316 in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September