Turkey’s home sales increase in May
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 17.4% with 20,287 units, followed by Ankara (10.8%) with 12,631 units and Izmir (6.1%) with 7,121 units.
New home sales held a 45.5% share of Turkey’s total house sales in May with 52,967 units, down 5.5% from the same period of 2016. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 9,129 units, followed by 4,595 new sales in Ankara and 2,936 in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday