Turkey’s home sales increase in May
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 17.4% with 20,287 units, followed by Ankara (10.8%) with 12,631 units and Izmir (6.1%) with 7,121 units.
New home sales held a 45.5% share of Turkey’s total house sales in May with 52,967 units, down 5.5% from the same period of 2016. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 9,129 units, followed by 4,595 new sales in Ankara and 2,936 in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets