Turkey’s home sales increased 17.8% in September
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 15.6% with 17,040 units, followed by Ankara (10.6%) and Izmir (5.6%). The smallest number of home sales, meanwhile, was recorded in Hakkari with 12 units, followed by 13 units in Ardahan and 32 units in Sırnak.
New home sales held a 46.8% share of Turkey’s total house sales in September with 50,972 units, up 17.6% from the same period of 2015. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 7,985 units, followed by 4,619 new sales in Ankara and 2,342 in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets