Turkey’s home sales increased 6.4% in May
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 18.8% with 21,638 units, followed by Ankara (9.9%) and Izmir (5.8%). The smallest number of home sales, meanwhile, was recorded in Hakkari with 5 units, followed by 13 units in Ardahan and 33 units in Şırnak.
New home sales held a 48.8% share of Turkey’s total house sales in May with 56,043 units, up 14.4% from the same period of 2015. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 11,221 units, followed by 4,395 new sales in Van and 4,343 in Ankara.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand