Turkey’s home sales rise 10.6% in 2015
In 2015, Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 18.6% with 239,767 units, followed by Ankara with 146,537 units (11.4%) and Izmir with 77,796 units (6%). The smallest number of home sales, meanwhile, was recorded in Hakkari with 139 units.
For December, Istanbul had the highest share of home sales at 18.7% with 26,595 units, followed by Ankara with 16,046 units (11.3%) and Izmir with 8,345 units (5.9%). The smallest number of home sales, meanwhile, was recorded in Hakkari with 13 units, followed by 15 units in Şırnak and 20 units in Ardahan.
New home sales held a 51.9% share of Turkey’s total home sales in December with 74,032 units, up 12.4% from the same month of 2014. Istanbul recorded the highest number of new home sales with 13,625 units, followed by 8,031 new sales in Ankara and 3,695 in Izmir.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years