Turkey’s homo PP market size matches PE
Turkey’s import statistics for Q1 2016 also affirm the growing market size of homo PP when compared to the total imports of the three PE products. The overall homo PP imports in Q1 were 22% more than the imports of PE, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics.
When the domestic capacities of Turkish producer, Petkim, are added on top of these imports for each product group, the market size of homo PP has caught up to the size of the overall PE market. Petkim’s relatively larger capacities for PE explains the comparatively fewer imports for this product while homo PP is heavily dependent on imports as the domestic producer is able to meet less than one tenth of the overall demand.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail. You can also run your own graphs and make yearly, quarterly and monthly comparisons for different countries in ChemOrbis Stats Wizard.
The fact that Turkey’s production of end product applications for sacks, big bags as well as carpet yarns and carpets has grown considerably justifies the increasing demand for homo PP. Some converters are also believed to have switched to homo PP for packaging applications from PS and PE in recent years, which played a role in higher interest for this product.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing