Turkey’s homo PP market size matches PE
Turkey’s import statistics for Q1 2016 also affirm the growing market size of homo PP when compared to the total imports of the three PE products. The overall homo PP imports in Q1 were 22% more than the imports of PE, according to ChemOrbis Import Statistics.
When the domestic capacities of Turkish producer, Petkim, are added on top of these imports for each product group, the market size of homo PP has caught up to the size of the overall PE market. Petkim’s relatively larger capacities for PE explains the comparatively fewer imports for this product while homo PP is heavily dependent on imports as the domestic producer is able to meet less than one tenth of the overall demand.
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail. You can also run your own graphs and make yearly, quarterly and monthly comparisons for different countries in ChemOrbis Stats Wizard.
The fact that Turkey’s production of end product applications for sacks, big bags as well as carpet yarns and carpets has grown considerably justifies the increasing demand for homo PP. Some converters are also believed to have switched to homo PP for packaging applications from PS and PE in recent years, which played a role in higher interest for this product.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September