Turkey’s house sales plummet in December
Istanbul had the highest share of home sales with 19.1% and 20,236 sold units. Ankara and Izmir followed with 9,990 and 5,794 house sales with shares of 9.4% and 5.5%, respectively.
First house sales in Turkey plummeted by 51.1% on a yearly basis to stand at 36,898 units in December. They had a 34.8% share in all house sales and the most first house sales were reported in Istanbul with 6,391 sold units. The followers of Istanbul were Ankara with 2,332 house sales and Izmir with 1,789 units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply