Turkey’s import PE 100 pipe market highest in 7 months
Apart from higher ethylene costs in global upstream markets, Petkim contributed to the trend with their first price revision on Monday since December.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Index
“In general, supply from the Middle East is limited which paved the way for PE hikes along with higher February ethylene contracts in Europe. Additionally, South Korean HDPE pipe suppliers implemented further price hikes for the new month based on rising spot ethylene costs in Asia,” a manufacturer stated.
The prevailing import HDPE pipe 100 (natural offers) from South Korea were reported at $1300-1310/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty, up when compared to the latest January deals at $1255-1260/ton with the same terms.
Iranian HDPE pipe 100 (natural) offers, meanwhile, moved up to $1250/ton CPT Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash from the previous prices for prompt materials at $1210-1220/ton FCA.
“Another factor that supports sellers’ hike requests is firm expectations for the post holiday period in China,” mentioned a PE trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint