Turkey’s import PE 100 pipe market highest in 7 months
Apart from higher ethylene costs in global upstream markets, Petkim contributed to the trend with their first price revision on Monday since December.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Index
“In general, supply from the Middle East is limited which paved the way for PE hikes along with higher February ethylene contracts in Europe. Additionally, South Korean HDPE pipe suppliers implemented further price hikes for the new month based on rising spot ethylene costs in Asia,” a manufacturer stated.
The prevailing import HDPE pipe 100 (natural offers) from South Korea were reported at $1300-1310/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty, up when compared to the latest January deals at $1255-1260/ton with the same terms.
Iranian HDPE pipe 100 (natural) offers, meanwhile, moved up to $1250/ton CPT Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash from the previous prices for prompt materials at $1210-1220/ton FCA.
“Another factor that supports sellers’ hike requests is firm expectations for the post holiday period in China,” mentioned a PE trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness