Turkey’s import PS market sees first hike attempts in 2 months
An Indian producer raised its list offers by $55/ton for GPPS and $70/ton for HIPS this week to $1425/ton and $1500/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash.
An agent of the producer noted, “We revised our offers up in line with the guideline from our supplier since styrene prices in Asia moved up compared to early November supported by the rising energy complex. We are yet to receive any response from our customers so far as demand is quiet as of early this week.”
Additionally, some players confirmed that Iranian PS producers started to seek increases of $20-40/ton by the second half of last week. GPPS prices moved up above $1300/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash after being offered as low as $1270/ton last week. As for HIPS, two traders reported that they were not able to receive any new prices from Iran as a producer delayed their offers to next week given limited supplies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene