Turkey’s import PS market sees first hike attempts in 2 months
An Indian producer raised its list offers by $55/ton for GPPS and $70/ton for HIPS this week to $1425/ton and $1500/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash.
An agent of the producer noted, “We revised our offers up in line with the guideline from our supplier since styrene prices in Asia moved up compared to early November supported by the rising energy complex. We are yet to receive any response from our customers so far as demand is quiet as of early this week.”
Additionally, some players confirmed that Iranian PS producers started to seek increases of $20-40/ton by the second half of last week. GPPS prices moved up above $1300/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash after being offered as low as $1270/ton last week. As for HIPS, two traders reported that they were not able to receive any new prices from Iran as a producer delayed their offers to next week given limited supplies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?