Turkey’s import PS market sees first hike attempts in 2 months
An Indian producer raised its list offers by $55/ton for GPPS and $70/ton for HIPS this week to $1425/ton and $1500/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash.
An agent of the producer noted, “We revised our offers up in line with the guideline from our supplier since styrene prices in Asia moved up compared to early November supported by the rising energy complex. We are yet to receive any response from our customers so far as demand is quiet as of early this week.”
Additionally, some players confirmed that Iranian PS producers started to seek increases of $20-40/ton by the second half of last week. GPPS prices moved up above $1300/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash after being offered as low as $1270/ton last week. As for HIPS, two traders reported that they were not able to receive any new prices from Iran as a producer delayed their offers to next week given limited supplies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market