Turkey’s import PS market sees first hike attempts in 2 months
An Indian producer raised its list offers by $55/ton for GPPS and $70/ton for HIPS this week to $1425/ton and $1500/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash.
An agent of the producer noted, “We revised our offers up in line with the guideline from our supplier since styrene prices in Asia moved up compared to early November supported by the rising energy complex. We are yet to receive any response from our customers so far as demand is quiet as of early this week.”
Additionally, some players confirmed that Iranian PS producers started to seek increases of $20-40/ton by the second half of last week. GPPS prices moved up above $1300/ton FCA, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash after being offered as low as $1270/ton last week. As for HIPS, two traders reported that they were not able to receive any new prices from Iran as a producer delayed their offers to next week given limited supplies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure