Turkey’s import PS market trades at a discount to China
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Import GPPS prices in Turkey have been traded at a discount to China since mid-September, while HIPS offers moved below that market by mid-November. The prevailing discount is around $120/ton for GPPS and $90/ton for HIPS, according to the weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
“Traders in Turkey are still cautious about their replenishment activities considering the nearing year-end and concerns about the depreciation of the Turkish Lira as those factors keep buying volumes moderate on the part of manufacturers. Thereby, large December hikes from Asian and European producers may see resistance during the last month of the year,” a player stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion