Turkey’s import PS market trades at a discount to China
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Import GPPS prices in Turkey have been traded at a discount to China since mid-September, while HIPS offers moved below that market by mid-November. The prevailing discount is around $120/ton for GPPS and $90/ton for HIPS, according to the weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
“Traders in Turkey are still cautious about their replenishment activities considering the nearing year-end and concerns about the depreciation of the Turkish Lira as those factors keep buying volumes moderate on the part of manufacturers. Thereby, large December hikes from Asian and European producers may see resistance during the last month of the year,” a player stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil prices trade under pressure of Delta variant
- China’s import PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers