Turkey’s import PS market trades at a discount to China
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Import GPPS prices in Turkey have been traded at a discount to China since mid-September, while HIPS offers moved below that market by mid-November. The prevailing discount is around $120/ton for GPPS and $90/ton for HIPS, according to the weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
“Traders in Turkey are still cautious about their replenishment activities considering the nearing year-end and concerns about the depreciation of the Turkish Lira as those factors keep buying volumes moderate on the part of manufacturers. Thereby, large December hikes from Asian and European producers may see resistance during the last month of the year,” a player stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019