Turkey’s imports edge down in October
The top polymer exporter to Turkey in October was Saudi Arabia with 67,718 tons, followed by South Korea (27,281 tons), Belgium (21,441 tons), France (18,519 tons) and Spain (17,116 tons).
In October, homo-PP imports were down 18.1% to 98,535 tons when compared to September while they increased 0.4% from the same month of 2013. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 37,735 tons, followed by Greece with 8,885 tons and India with 8,005 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s October imports fell 28.3% to 19,315 tons from September. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 7,119 tons.
Imports for LLDPE decreased 6% from the previous month to 23,875 tons while they were down 10% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 12,683 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports decreased in October. LDPE imports were down 8.9% month over month to reach 24,661 tons. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (4,391 tons), Qatar (2,907 tons) and Germany (2,691 tons). October HDPE imports also decreased 16.8% from the previous month to reach 45,635 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (12,521 tons), South Korea (6,992 tons) and Iran (6,611 tons).
Turkey imported 53,683 tons of PVC in October, up 3% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports decreased around 19.8%. France stood at the top of the October PVC import list with 11,290 tons, followed by the USA (10,301 tons) and the UK (6,233 tons).
Turkey’s October PS imports were down by 1.8% on the month to 18,606 tons while imports slightly increased 0.3% when compared to the same month of 2013. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,214 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports declined 14.4% month over month to reach 7,424 tons in October. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,236 tons.
Imports for PET bottle sank around 70% month over month to 2,114 tons in October 2014 while they dipped around 84% when compared to the same month of 2013. The top PET exporter to Turkey in October was Pakistan with 1,012 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September