Turkey’s industrial output declines 3.8% in September
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production fell by 3.1% in September. The manufacturing index went down 3.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.2% on a yearly basis while the mining and quarrying index was up 2.3% in September from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for durable consumer goods, which decreased by 14.2% from a month earlier. Plus, the manufacturing of furniture posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 20.4% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand