Turkey’s industrial output declines 3.8% in September
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production fell by 3.1% in September. The manufacturing index went down 3.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.2% on a yearly basis while the mining and quarrying index was up 2.3% in September from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for durable consumer goods, which decreased by 14.2% from a month earlier. Plus, the manufacturing of furniture posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 20.4% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops