Turkey’s industrial output declines 3.8% in September
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production fell by 3.1% in September. The manufacturing index went down 3.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.2% on a yearly basis while the mining and quarrying index was up 2.3% in September from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for durable consumer goods, which decreased by 14.2% from a month earlier. Plus, the manufacturing of furniture posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 20.4% in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year