Turkey’s industrial output decreases in Dec m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 1.3% in December. The manufacturing index increased by 1.3%, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 4.8% while the mining and quarrying index was down by 7.5% in December from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), intermediate goods posted the largest decrease by 1.8% in December month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly drop was reported for manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products by 15.1% while the highest increase was reported in manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations by 27.3% on the month.
The data also showed that industrial production was up by 3.9% in Q4 on a quarterly basis. It also increased on a yearly basis by 2.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East