Turkey’s industrial output decreases in Dec m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 1.3% in December. The manufacturing index increased by 1.3%, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 4.8% while the mining and quarrying index was down by 7.5% in December from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), intermediate goods posted the largest decrease by 1.8% in December month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly drop was reported for manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products by 15.1% while the highest increase was reported in manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations by 27.3% on the month.
The data also showed that industrial production was up by 3.9% in Q4 on a quarterly basis. It also increased on a yearly basis by 2.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months