Turkey’s industrial output down on month, up on year in Feb
On a yearly basis, however, the calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 1% in February. The manufacturing index increased by 0.7%, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 9.7% while the mining and quarrying index was down by 13.6% in February from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest decrease by 4.6% in February month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly drop was reported in the manufacture of other transport equipment by 21% while the largest increase was reported in the manufacture of beverages by 6.9% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia