Turkey’s industrial output down on month, up on year in May
However, on a yearly basis, the calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 3.5% in May. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 6%, mining and quarrying index increased by 3.5% while manufacturing index was up by 3.1% in May from a year earlier.
The data showed that among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest decrease by 9.4% in May month-on-month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly decrease was reported in the manufacture of other transport equipment by 54.9%; of computer, electronic and optical products by 12.6% and of furniture by 6.6% in May 2017 month-on-month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East