Turkey’s industrial output down on month, up on year in May
However, on a yearly basis, the calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 3.5% in May. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 6%, mining and quarrying index increased by 3.5% while manufacturing index was up by 3.1% in May from a year earlier.
The data showed that among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest decrease by 9.4% in May month-on-month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly decrease was reported in the manufacture of other transport equipment by 54.9%; of computer, electronic and optical products by 12.6% and of furniture by 6.6% in May 2017 month-on-month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years