Turkey’s industrial output down on month, up on year in May
However, on a yearly basis, the calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 3.5% in May. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 6%, mining and quarrying index increased by 3.5% while manufacturing index was up by 3.1% in May from a year earlier.
The data showed that among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest decrease by 9.4% in May month-on-month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly decrease was reported in the manufacture of other transport equipment by 54.9%; of computer, electronic and optical products by 12.6% and of furniture by 6.6% in May 2017 month-on-month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure