Turkey’s industrial output edges up in Sept
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index climbed 1.1% year on year while the mining and quarrying index advanced 8.9%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index also increased 6.4%. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index rose 1.9% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 0.1%. The mining and quarrying index was up 2.6% compared to the previous month.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase in calendar and seasonally adjusted terms was reported for durable consumer goods at 6.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand, lower costs drag Asia PET markets down
- Small rally in Vietnamese local PP, PE markets proves short-lived
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe