Turkey’s industrial output falls 7.0% in July
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production moved down 4.9% in July. The manufacturing index edged down by 6.5% and the mining and quarrying index was down 0.8%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3.1% on the year in July.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for durable consumer goods, which fell by 21.1% from a month earlier, while the manufacturing of transport equipment posted the largest increase on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 11.8% in July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months